The Travelnitch ‘Fill Your Dream Jar’ Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Travelnitch (“the Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
We may, in our sole discretion, disqualify any individual found to be: tampering with the entry or voting process, or the operation of the competition or website; acting in violation of these rules; or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If you use robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry/voting methods, your entry will be void. Participants with a fraud factor higher than 25% will be automatically disqualified.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia). You must be at least 13 years of age to enter or have expressed consent from your parent or legal guardian. If the winning entrant is a minor, a parent or legal guardian will be asked to accept the prize on their behalf. Winners may be asked to show proper identification at the time of the award to confirm eligibility.
Travelnitch employees, immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren), advisors and/or advertising/promotion agencies (and their immediate family members) are ineligible. Past winners are also ineligible.
Promotion Period. You may enter the Competition beginning at 12:01 AM on January 1, 2020. Entries will be accepted until the Contest closes at 11:59 PM on December 31, 2020.
Requirements. Photos must be an original submission taken by the entrant. No copyrighted material will be accepted. By submitting photos to Travelnitch you confirm that:
- you are the photographer and it is your original work; as such, you release all rights to the photo and the use of your name for general viewing, as well as any future marketing and promotions by Travelnitch;
- you have not licensed any rights in the work that will conflict with the usage rights required by Travelnitch;
- you have the permission of any persons in the work or, if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian to grant the usage rights required by Travelnitch;
- you have permission from the owners of property shown in the work to grant the usage rights required by Travelnitch;
- your photo does NOT include trademarks, watermarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights;
- your photo does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead;
- you will be responsible for any claim made by any third party with respect to your entry and agree to fully indemnify Travelnitch and its affiliates with respect to all costs owing to any person or entity arising from your breach of these terms & conditions.
Any photo found to be in violation of these rules, will be automatically disqualified. Travelnitch reserves the right to remove photos it deems lewd or indecent without notice or explanation. It is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor what it considers inappropriate and unsuitable for general public viewing.
How to Enter. There are 2 ways to enter:
- Online Entry: During the Promotion Period, visit travelnitch.pub to log in to your Account. Travelnitch will use the email address and other information you provide for eligibility and notification purposes if you are a winner, so be sure it is accurate and up to date. Follow the links to the Contest entry form, then follow the instructions to submit your entry. Each photo will count as one entry into the Contest. There is no limit on the number of entries allowed.
- Mail-In Free Entry: During the Promotion Period, you may also enter the Contest by mailing in your entry. You must have or create a Travelnitch.pub account (“Account”) before participating. Hand print your full name, street address, (no P.O. Boxes), day/evening/cellular phone number (if any), email address (be sure to use the one connected to your Account), and date of birth on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Fill Your Dream Jar Photo Contest,” 226 Bumstead Road, Monson, MA 01057. Limit: 1 entry per stamped envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and received no later than December 31, 2020. All entries become the exclusive property of Travelnitch and none will be acknowledged or returned. Travelnitch is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
How to Win. Photos will be displayed on the website where the general public have until December 31 to vote for their favorite. The top five entries (those with the most public votes) will then be reviewed by a panel of kids (appointed by Travelnitch) who will select winners based on three criteria: authenticity, ability to inspire, and just plain fun. Winning photos must also be representative of our contest theme: how has travel transformed your family?
A minimum of 100 entries is required, or this competition will be null and void. Should this occur, there will be no refunds. However, the winners will still receive a $100 Visa gift card as our way of saying thanks for participating.
Travelnitch is not responsible for any online malfunctions, failed computer equipment, transmission entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software, malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive, any entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website.
Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Travelnitch, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If a potential winner fails to provide a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, we will select an alternate potential winner. If the alternate potential winner is disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
Prizes. 1 GRAND PRIZE will be awarded — a $1,000 Expedia credit to be used for the purchase of air, accommodations, land activities and/or ground transportation, to be booked by Travelnitch. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000. 2 RUNNERS-UP will each receive a $100 Visa gift card.
No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner is permitted. Travelnitch reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. No greater than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,200.
Travelnitch will notify the potential winner by e-mail no later than January 15, 2021 to let them how they can claim their prize. We will select an alternate potential winner if any potential winner does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, or fails to meet the eligibility criteria. All decisions and awards are final. Winners will be announced on the website no later than January 31, 2021.
Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries combined with the number of votes received by the general public.
Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for Travelnitch and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to prize or Contest experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.