Travelnitch is seeking an intern who wants to learn and grow in a startup environment. This is a creative, yet technical role with ample opportunity to learn through hands-on experience. Travelnitch is a burgeoning business and you will be a vital member of the team, contributing valuable content to support our continued growth.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with confidence to execute a plan under minimal supervision. We encourage open dialogue, and expect you to bring your creativity and opposing viewpoints to every brainstorming session.
While this is not a strategic role, you will take ownership of several projects that support our long-term strategic goals. Perfection is not required, but we do expect a commitment to excellence.
- Help coordinate editorial calendar, research and generate ideas
- Draft daily blog articles, supported by thorough research and fact-checking
- Develop kid-centric travel content to engage kids in fun and innovative ways
- Assist in developing and executing a social content strategy
- Manage all social interactions on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletters
- Attend and contribute to bi-weekly brainstorming sessions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adept at (factual) creative writing, with great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Experience using Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to take an idea and run with it
- Experience creating short, inspiring YouTube videos that tell a meaningful story
- Basic knowledge of Mailchimp and/or Hootsuite strongly preferred
- HTML/CSS a plus
The approximate dates of this internship are June 10– August 16, 2019. This is a part-time, unpaid position and you must be enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student at an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship.
While the majority of work will be done remotely, you will be expected to attend biweekly brainstorming sessions in the Greater Springfield area. Academic credit is available pending approval from your college or university.
*If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than May 15.