As you can tell by our name, we are only interested in the subject of travel. This can be fiction or non-fiction, targeting children or young adults, written in the form of a children’s book or novel. We are passionate about transforming young readers into global explorers so your story should take them on a journey, embracing the five senses and paying homage to a region’s culture and/or history.
At this time, we are not accepting submissions of poetry, guide books, dissertations, theses, or informational pamphlets. Original submissions only please.
- Type your submission using a single primary font (we recommend 12 pt. Times New Roman) and default style headings to make it easier for us to review.
- If you are submitting a novel please email a query letter first, including a written sample no more than 10 pages, double-spaced. If we like it, we will request to see the full manuscript.
- If you are submitting a children’s book, send your completed manuscript in PDF format to email@example.com.
Submissions must adhere to these guidelines. A failure to comply means your manuscript may not be reviewed.
Licensing and Copyrights
When we hold an open call for submissions you, as the writer, retain all copyrights to the submitted images and written works but agree to grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and publicize your submission. If you include excerpts from copyrighted works, you must obtain permission from the copyright holder prior to submitting your manuscript. If you cannot grant us these rights do not submit your work.
By submitting your work to Travelnitch you warrant that:
- your submission is your own original work and you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes identified above;
- you will indemnify us against all legal fees/damages and all associated costs that we may incur as a result of your breach of the above warranty;
- your submission is not defamatory and does not infringe any law; and
- you are over the age of 18.*
Why partner with Travelnitch?
We work with a small handful of authors because quality is more important to us than quantity. The benefit is a close working relationship with much of our focus on you and your book. Unlike many larger publishing companies, we support you every step of the way, offering editing services*, printing & distribution, and publicity before, during and after launch. We do not ask that you sign over existing copyrights to us, however we do require a license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and publicize your submitted work in perpetuity.
Please understand that while we greatly appreciate your submission, we may only respond to those with whom we wish to pursue a partnership. An open call for submissions is competitive and only a limited number will be accepted in any given year. If we are interested in publishing your manuscript, you will be notified by email within six months of submitting your work.
Thanks for your interest in Travelnitch Publishing!
*Individuals under the age of 18 who wish to submit content must have a parent submit on his/her behalf.
**If your manuscript is accepted for publication, it will be copyedited in accordance with our in-house style guide.